About The Sports Fan Journal
The Sports Fan Journal is a daily digital publication that publishes original, relevant and thought-provoking for fans of sports and culture. Our goal is to present quality content and insightful stories that keep you thinking and make you want for more.
The Sports Fan Journal was launched in November 2011 by editor-at-chief Eddie Maisone and editor-at-large Kenny Masenda. We strive to provide a diverse perspective of fanhood from talented contributors all across the country.
Want to write for The Sports Fan Journal?
Currently, we are looking to add 2-3 bloggers to join our team. Can you produce both daily content on what sports fans would find interesting and editorial content worth consuming? If so, we’re looking for you.
Our Areas Of Want
- Kicks and Gear
- The influence of business in sports
- Advanced Analytics (Making data fun and easy to understand)
- Conducting interviews
Again, having a sports foundation is pretty much mandatory, but having an interest in other aspects is what we want in our writers. Knowledge in basketball, football, baseball. Mandatory. Knowledge in advanced stats, soccer, social media, etc, extra awesome.
What and Who We’re Looking For
- Writers with a witty, conversational tone and distinct voice/style
- Familiarity with HTML and image editing
- Bloggers with the time and ability to update multiple times per day and/or week. We don’t sleep.
- An understanding of RSS feeds, Twitter, Google Alerts, etc
- An interest in and knowledge of all sports from different eras and perspectives; understanding history, milestones, fan bases, etc.
- The ability to self-edit, fact-check and follow existing formatting guidelines, style and procedures already in use at TSS
- For bloggers, the ability to contribute with several posts per week. Writers who wish to contribute reviews and lengthier pieces, one to two posts per week
- Must have active accounts on Facebook and Twitter
What and Who We Aren’t Looking For
- AP-style dry journalism
- Long-form entries that take hours/days to complete
- Long-windedness and/or blathering
- Writers with a penchant for reflection and/or nostalgic posts. We’re looking for the now
- Someone lacking self-discipline or motivation
Please send all questions about joining The Sports Fan Journal team to Eddie Maisonet at [email protected]
Twitter & Facebook and the TSFJ Newsletter
Do you want to get real-time updates, interesting web links, site news and announcements via Twitter? Follow The Sports Fan Journal on Twitter. Oh, and please be sure to “Like” The Sports Fan Journal Facebook fanpage!