The Reunion: The Miami Heat Return To The White House To Hang Out With Brother PresidentBasketball, Ed The Sports Fan — By Eddie Maisonet, III on January 14, 2014 at 4:31 pm
“We all know nothing brings people together like the Miami Heat.” — Barack Obama
The entire process took no more than 10 minutes in total. The two-time defending world champion Miami Heat were once again at a place that only G-14 classified clearances can provide, a place next to the President of the United States of America in Barack Obama. (Or in the words of Kenny Masenda, Brother President)
What’s fascinating is how this day is made to celebrate the achievements of the newly minted NBA champs, and yet when you watch Brother President take the podium and spit poetic about this team, you once again remember how much of a sports fan he truly is. Here are a couple of things that stood out from watching the video at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, D.C.:
– Brother President was sure to note Miami’s 66-16 record and their 27-game winning streak. Which was, “almost as impressive as the Bulls’ 72-win season.” Bulls Fan 4 Life is Brother President.
– Brother President chastised Ray Allen and told him to watch his mouth because he was cussing when they brought the ropes out during Game 6.
– Someone needs to cuss out LeBron James for not wearing a damn tie at the White House. I’m not going to be the one to do it, but someone needs to. (Looks in the direction of Savannah…)
– All hail the Miami Heat for raising $2 million in charity for various projects like the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
– And of course, in only a way that Brother President could close the show, the man dropped the mic with this one:
“With that, I think we should take a picture, but we should make it quick, before one of these guys starts yelling at Mario.” — Brother President
Here is the full 10 minute clip of the Miami Heat showing up at the White House. But seriously, can someone please explain why LeBron ain’t wearing a damn tie? Goodness gracious.